Trinity College - Sod turning ceremony for new academic building
March 29, 1960
Views of the sod turning ceremony for Trinity College's new academic building (Gerald Larkin Building). Included are shots of the procession being led through the quad from the main building
attendees gathered at the site for the new building
and W. A. Kirkwood, Professor Emeritus and Trinity's former Dean of Arts, breaking ground with the same spade that was used in the sod turning ceremony for the original building on Queen St. in 1851. Among those in attendance are Provost R. D. G. Owen, the Rt. Rev. George B. Snell, Bishop Coadjutor of the Diocese of Toronto, and Duncan L. Gordon, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Corporation of Trinity College.
"Trinity's 1851 Spade Back in Service," Varsity News, June 1960, pg. 3.
4 negatives : b&w ; 13x10 cm
B1994-0023 / 6003-24
Eric Trussler Photographer fonds
University of Toronto owns copyright. University offices can use without permission with credit. All other users require permission. See: https://utarms.library.utoronto.ca/copyright
University of Toronto Archives and Eric Trussler, photographer
Events - Ceremonies