Trinity College - laying of cornerstone and official opening of the Kirkwood Wing
September 13, 1960
Views of the cornerstone laying ceremony at the Gerald Larkin Academic Building and the official opening of the Kirkwood Wing at St. Hilda's College. Includes shots of Mossie May Waddington Kirkwood, Principal of St. Hilda's College from 1936 to 1953, after whom the wing was named, cutting the ceremonial ribbon and inspecting the commemorative plaque alongside the Provost of Trinity College D. R. G. Owen, Principal K. M Darroch, and Mrs. F. M. Jeffery, College representative on the Building Committee.
"Two Women in the University Procession," Varsity Graduate, December 1960, pg. 68-70. "St. Hilda's Opens Mossie Waddington Kirkwood Wing," Staff Bulletin, October 1960, pg. 5.
9 negatives : b&w ; 13x10 cm
B1994-0023 / 6009-12
Eric Trussler Photographer fonds
University of Toronto owns copyright. University offices can use without permission with credit. All other users require permission. See: https://utarms.library.utoronto.ca/copyright
University of Toronto Archives and Eric Trussler, photographer
Events - Ceremonies