Campus views - rock split by frost on Front Campus
April 6, 1961
Views of students investigating a massive, five-ton rock that was shattered by frost on the south east corner of the Front Campus lawn. The rock was originally discovered by construction workers during an excavation at the site of the School of Hygiene building and Col. A. D. LePan, former Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, had it moved to Front Campus as a memorial to Dr. A. P. Coleman who was a geologist, professor, and Dean of Arts at the University of Toronto from 1891 to 1922. Fragments of the rock split from frost was used as fill in at a new construction site on campus.
"A Capitan and Queen Depart," Varsity Graduate, May 1961, pg. 48-50.
7 negatives : b&w ; 6x6 cm
B1994-0023 / 6104-4
Eric Trussler Photographer fonds
University of Toronto owns copyright. University offices can use without permission with credit. All other users require permission. See: https://utarms.library.utoronto.ca/copyright
University of Toronto Archives and Eric Trussler, photographer
Grounds - LandscapesStudents - General