Buildings - Dentistry and Women's Athletic Building
September 18, 1959
Interior views of the Dentistry Building which would officially open on November 25, 1959 and the Women's Athletic Building (Clara Benson Building), which would officially open October 30, 1959. Shots of the Dentistry Building include the main clinic, patients' lobby, the lounge-lunchroom, and Dean of Dentistry Roy Ellis meeting with a student in his office. Shots of the Women's Athletic Building show Professor Dorothy Jackson on a tour of the construction progress and Professor Jean Forster registering Marietta Nousianen, a student, for activities in the new building.
"The University Opens Five New Buildings," Varsity Graduate, November 1959, pg. 19."Dentistry's Promised Land," Varsity Graduate, November 1959, pg. 36-41."Every Day is Ladies' Day," Varsity Graduate, November 1959, pg. 42-47."Dentistry Building," Torontonensis, 1960, pg. 59.
6 negatives : b&w ; 13x10 cm|10 negatives : b&w ; 6x6 cm
B1994-0023 / 909-19
Eric Trussler Photographer fonds
University of Toronto owns copyright. University offices can use without permission with credit. All other users require permission. See: https://utarms.library.utoronto.ca/copyright
University of Toronto Archives and Eric Trussler, photographer
Buildings - InteriorsEvents - Open House